Sunday, 18 November 2012

Why do we do SLOG?

              For most of you, you guys probably have taken CSC165 from some other profs, but I also took it from Danny Heap and also did SLOG from that course. I am not a guy who normally writes a daily or weekly diary.  When I first had to do SLOG from 165, I was very skeptical and had to question myself why we were doing this. After finishing 165, I felt like if I had to pick one part of the course that I did not find it helpful/useful at all, it was definitely doing SLOG every week. Don't get me wrong, from my university experience at U of T, Danny is probably one of the best prof that I had, but at the time it was very annoying to do SLOG every week.
             Coming into CSC236, I had a good feeling that I had to do SLOG again. And here am I, writing another SLOG for this week and now I kind of understand why we are doing SLOG every week. When it comes to neatness, I think I am not that kind of  guy that is very neat, and sometimes can get disorganized and it sometimes effect my school performance in a bad way. I personally believe that to perform at the highest level in university, not only is it important to keep up with the work daily, but keeping yourself organized and neat is also very important part. Doing SLOG, I think it really helps me to become more organized and neat person. It also helps me to keep track of where I am in the course and to keep up with the work and refreshening the concepts that I learned that week. I still have to work hard to be more organized person, but I think that  doing SLOG is really a good way to start! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment